The world is in for a serious shake-up over the next couple of decades. Here are a few of my (and many others’) predictions:
- Catastrophic job loss. Essentially all manual jobs are going to go away due to cheap automation.
- Bio-terrorism. With CRISPR, anyone can make a virus in their garage with a thousand dollars of equipment and chemicals
- Environmental collapse. When it comes to climate change, we ain’t seen nothing yet.
- Nuclear disaster. I think that we have at least one more Chernobyl-level event ahead of us.
- Human rights abuses. This will get worse before it gets better.
- The rise of the police state. This too will just get worse.
Scared yet? Well there are good possibilities on the horizon, too.
- World peace. Seriously, it’s a thing that can happen.
- Universal health care. It’s about time that we caught up to the rest of the civilized world.
- Universal basic income. In light of the aforementioned catastrophic job loss, this is the only rational option.
There is a lot more to all of these, of course. And much more to add to the list. As I figure it out for myself, I’ll post more in the series.